My service activities have been grounded in the need to prepare highly effective educators to serve students with disabilities and students from cultural linguistic backgrounds. I am actively involved at various levels to help shape my learning while attempting to impact the thinking of my students and colleagues. As a new faculty member I am actively seeking leadership opportunities to enrich my development as a teacher educator. In spring 2012 I was elected to the editorial board for the Rural and Special Education Quarterly journal. In addition, I serve on the review board of four other high quality special education journals.
At the national level, as a member of the Teacher Education Division of CEC, I have served on the research committee, reviewed proposals for our national conference and currently chair the technology committee. I have also provided papers, presentations, and workshops at three international conferences, 19 national conferences, and 10 state functions. Listed below are bullets representing a sample of my service activities.
International, National and State
- Chair of the Technology Committee for Teacher Education Division of CEC
- Serve on editorial boards for Rural Special Education Quarterly
- Sere annually as peer review for Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, Education and Treatment of Children, and Journal of Special Education Leadership.
- Serve on program review committee for Teacher Education Division: Council for Exceptional Children
University of Central Florida
- Elected as chair 2011-2012 ACT Committee (Americans Disability Act Compliance & Technology Committee) Advising Subcommittee for Faculty Senate
- Member of IT Resource Advisory Committee (2011-Present)
- Appointed to 3 search committees in the College of Education
- Chair of the Undergraduate Admission & Retention Committee
- Chair of the College of Education Research Committee
- See curriculum vitae for membership on various other committees at the university, college, and department levels
- Provide workshops to parents and schools struggling with maladaptive behavior.
- Participate in recruitment efforts for graduate and undergraduate students encouraging them to become certified teachers
- Provide professional development programs for instructors to enhance online instruction with synchronous and asynchronous technologies.
- Faculty Advisor for the Association for Doctoral Students in Exceptional Education.